What are the important dates / deadlines?
- The Fall season starts in September and ends in November
- Registration for the fall season is typically open from May to August
- The Spring season starts in February and ends in May
- Registration for the Spring season is typically open from November to January
How do i register my child?
- Registering online is the easiest and most convenient way to enroll
- We will also host several "walk up" events at local schools and our new soccer complex
- Please follow our Facebook page for announcements regarding those events
How much does it cost?
- Fees for the upcoming Fall/Spring cycle can be found on the respective "Programs" pages
- Families with more than one player (who register using their family account in GotSoccer) will receive a $25 discount for each additional immediate family member
- We also offer payment options that allow families to pay fees monthly
- Select / Academy programs are more expensive than Recreational programs so as to fund the expanded services included (i.e. tournament stipends and year-round training)
Are payment options available?
- Yes. See note above about monthly payments.
do multi-player families get a discount?
- Yes. See note above about family discounts.
What is included in the price?
- Game uniform (shirt, shorts, socks)
- Approximately 10 games and 20 practices
- Referee fees, field maintenance, goals, game balls, etc.
What is NOT included in the price?
- Soccer shoes
- Shin guards (required at every session)
- Practice soccer ball (4U-8U = Size 3, 9U-12U = Size 4, U13+ = Size 5)
- Water bottle
- Light jacket
who will coach my child?
- Recreational teams are most commonly coached by a parent or family member
- Select/Academy teams are coached by approved volunteers with guidance from the DOC
- All coaches complete a KidSafe background check
Can i coach my child?
- Yes. We are always seeking selfless volunteers to either help or serve as assistants
- Previous soccer experience is not a requisite, but you are expected to be great with kids
- The link to register as a coach (along with several training resources) are linked above
When, where and how often are practices?
- All WBSA teams will have access to quality fields within the WB community
- Teams will be assigned either a M/W or T/TH schedule
- Start times are typically 5:30 PM (later for older / advanced teams)
- Practices typically last 60 minutes for younger teams and up to 2 hours for older teams
- Specific practice schedules and field assignments can be found on this site
when, where and how often are games?
- 4U-6U teams play "In-House" games (100% "home" at WBSA fields)
- 7U and older teams play "Intra-League" games (~50% "away" at nearby partner fields)
- You can view game schedules for every team on this site
how are rosters determined?
- Players are rostered based on birth year, with every attempt made to ensure parity
- Returning players (registering on time) are assigned to their former team when possible
- We honor family requests and circumstances like carpooling to the best of our ability
What are the rules for each age group?
- Full CAYSA and STYSA rules can be found online. Here are the basics for each age:
- 6U: 3v3, size 3 ball, NO goalies, NO offsides, NO scores/records
- 8U: 4v4, same as 4U-6U otherwise
- 10U: 7v7, size 4 ball, goalies and offsides introduced, no punting, "build out" lines
- 12U: 9v9, scores/records introduced, punting permitted
- 13U+: 11v11, size 5 ball full-sided matches
- 8U and younger also has custom parity rules that require every defender behind half field on goal kicks and every offensive player past half field for a goal to count
what is a good halftime/postgame snack?
- Fruit and water are ideal halftime snacks
- Juice with a small, healthy treat (mindful of allergies) are appropriate after games
- Sugary sodas and unhealthy snacks are not encouraged, even after games
will we practice in inclement weather?
- Fields are typically closed during inclement weather
- We update both this site and our Facebook page within minutes of fields closing
- Fields must be cleared immediately if deemed closed or player safety is in question
how can i help?
- Volunteer to coach or be a team manager
- Refrain from coaching on the sideline if not
- Be supportive of every player, not just your own child
- Help pick up equipment after practices or games
- Volunteer to coordinate snacks, arrange team activities / end of season party, etc.
- Make a donation or contribute in an in-kind gift to benefit less fortunate players
we've registered, now what?
- Practices will begin one to two weeks before first games each season
- If you don't hear anything before the Parent Orientation meeting, don't worry
- If you haven't heard from your coach by then, feel free to contact us
how do i stay informed before orientation?
- Follow our Facebook page for the most timely updates and information
- Take a moment to review this site to learn more about the club
- Make note of key dates and activities planned for this season